Terms and Conditions as follows:
That Working Times & Breakdown of Labour & Materials are clearly and accurately shown on the invoice. That any queries are resolved with the Engineer/Installer at the time. Should you have any unresolved queries, require further information or fail to be completely satisfied with our work please contact us by phone, email or in writing and we will deal with the matter immediately. A copy of our complaints policy is available on our website and on request.
- For the purpose of these terms & conditions the following words shall have the following meanings:
(a) “The Company” shall mean All Works Bristol Ltd
(b) “The Customer” shall mean the person or organisation for whom the Company agrees to carry out works &/or supply materials. The Engineer/Installer shall mean the representative appointed by the Company.
- The Company reserves the right to refuse or decline work at its own discretion. Where we have received a signed acceptance from the customer both parties are bound by the contract once the date for the start of the works has been agreed. Where the Company agrees to carry out works for the Customer and the dates have been agreed, those works shall be undertaken by the designated Engineer/Installers of the Company as per the signed acceptance.
- HOURLY RATE WORK. The total charge to the Customer shall consist of the cost of materials supplied by the Company & the amount of time spent by the Engineer/Installer in carrying out the works charged in accordance with the Company’s current hourly rates. The Customer shall only be charged for the time spent related to the Customer’s work. All charges are subject to VAT at the prevailing rate except in cases where the work carried out is zero rated.
- FIXED PRICE WORK shall be given as a firm cost, (manifest errors exempted) including Labour & Materials where requested. All charges are subject to VAT at the prevailing rate.
- Where a written quotation has been supplied to the Customer the total charge to the Customer referred to in the quotation may be revised in the following circumstances:—
(i) if after submission of the estimate the Customer instructs the Company (whether orally or in writing) to carry out additional works not referred to in the quotation.
(ii) if after submission of the quotation there is an increase in the price of materials.
(iii) if after submission of the quotation it is discovered that further works need to be carried out which were not anticipated when the quotation was prepared .
(iv) if after submission of the quotation it is discovered that there was a manifest error when the quotation was prepared.
- The Company shall not be under any obligation to provide a quotation to the Customer & shall only be bound (subject as hereinafter) by quotations given in writing to the Customer & signed by the Customer and a duly authorised representative of the Company. The Company shall not be bound by any quotations given orally or in which manifest errors occur.
- Invoices are due for payment immediately upon completion of the works by the Customer. Only if agreed with the Engineer/Installer on the date of completion can payment be extended to be made within 7 days. Any part of that invoice which remains unpaid after 7 days will be passed on to a debt recovery agent.
- The Company Reserves the right to void a contract whether written or verbally agreed should the customer fail to meet a set interim payment that has been requested. Payment for works carried out to date will be required in full. Failure to make an agreed payment could result in the account being passed on to a debt recovery agent.
- The Company Reserves the right to request specific payment methods to suit their business requirements, Debit/Credit Card, BACS Transfers & Cheques are the preferred payment methods. It may be necessary for the Company to request cash payment for the materials upon the completion of the job. (Please note: there will be a charge on any credit card payments which will be the charge levied by the credit card company)
- Where the date &/or time for works to be carried out is agreed by the Company with the Customer, then the Company shall use its best endeavours to ensure that the Engineer/Installer shall attend on the date & at the time agreed and also in the arrangements for the delivery of materials in order to carry out the agreed works.
- The Customer shall accept sole liability to discharge the Company’s account unless he/she discloses to the Company when initially instructing the Company to carry out work &/or supply materials that he/she is acting on behalf of a third party (including, but not limited to, a Limited Company or Partnership) & receiving a written estimate) the name of the third party appears on the written estimate.
- If the Customer cancels their instructions prior to any work being carried out then the Company will seek all reasonable costs in the event of the Customer cancelling.
- The Guarantee shall be for labour only in respect of faulty workmanship for 12 months from the date of completion with the manufacturer’s warranty in force. This is NOT insurance backed. The Guarantee will become null & void if the work/appliance completed/Products supplied by the Company is:
(a) Subject to misuse or negligence.
(b) Repaired, modified or tampered with by anyone other than a Company Engineer/Installer. The Company will accept no liability for, or guarantee suitability, materials supplied by the Customer & will accept no liability for any consequential damage or fault.
- The company will not guarantee any work in respect of blockages in waste & drainage systems etc.
The company will not guarantee any work undertaken on instruction from the customer & against the written or verbal advice of the Engineer/Installer.
Work is guaranteed only in respect of work directly undertaken by the company & payment in full has been made. Any non-related faults arising from recommended work which has not been undertaken by the company will not be guaranteed.
The company shall not be held liable or responsible for any damage or defect resulting from work not fully guaranteed or where recommended work has not been carried out. Work will not carry a guarantee where the customer has been notified by the Engineer/Installer either verbally or indicated in ticked boxes or in Comments/ Recommendations of any other related work which requires attention.
The customer shall be solely liable for any hazardous situation in respect of Gas safe Regulations or Gas Warning Notice issued.
- Where the Engineer/Installer discovers an unforeseen issue that will affect the overall result of the job, time or cost the customer will be verbally notified prior to the commencement to agree the action to be taken to resolve the unforeseen issue. If the customer has agreed for the company to carry out additional work to rectify the issue additional costs may be applicable.
- Where the Company agrees to carry out works on installations of inferior quality or over ten years old at that date the Customer will be advised prior to commencement that the Company accepts no liability in respect of the effectiveness of such works or otherwise.
- Engineers operate under their own Gas Safety Registration & as such are solely responsible for any Gas related work & subsequent liability.
- We are members of iKBBI (Institute of Kitchen, Bedroom and Bathroom Installers) and therefore comply with their code of conduct, a copy of which is available on request. Should you have a dispute regarding your bathroom/cloakroom/En-suite installation you can contact iKBBI dispute resolution which can be found on their website at www.ikbbi.org.uk and go to consumers where you will find all the details.
- Dispute Resolution Scheme. As a Which? Trusted trader we have a range of support services available to us and our customers. One of these services is access to an independent Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) service, which enables our customers to seek an impartial review of a complaint in the unlikely event that we are unable to resolve it between ourselves. This is a free service for the customer offered by Dispute Resolution Ombudsman, an approved government scheme. Further information about the ombudsman can be found at disputeresolutionombudsman.org/whichtrustedtraders or by telephoning them on 03332413209.